Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall shoots, computer stress

Hi all,



Today was such as beautiful day! I've had a rough week so far, with my laptop not charging and having to get it repaired. Those of you close to me know I sit and work all day, either editing photos or looking for inspiration. My laptop is my portal to that world, lol. Our desktop is a great computer, hell it's been around since 2003. But it's slower than my laptop, and does not have adequate ram to support Photoshop :(

So while I'm waiting to get part of my livelihood back, I did a fall shoot with one of my sister-in-laws, Gina. Gina and I have always gotten along really well, so we just kicked it and had fun. I'm really glad she loves her pictures, and I'm excited to share a few that I think look great even without editing!



One of the biggest rewards from my business is making people happy and helping them feel better about themselves. Gina said our shoot did both, so I know I'm doing a good job.

Moving on...

I've been working out like crazy for about two months now, and am finally seeing some results. No, not on the scale (ugh) but I am wearing my skinny pants from 5 years ago. They are boot cut Lucky jeans, so not too out of style, lol.

Since I'm dieting as well, as of this week, I'm hoping to finally see some lbs drop off. Chris and I want to get a treadmill, but we just spent a butt load of money on the Impala. Speaking of the Impala, it is looking beautiful! We washed it and cleaned the inside, got new brakes, and as of today the car has tags and plates!

I'm just counting my blessings. I know I'm really lucky to have a good husband of 10 years and a healthy family. I've been feeling sorry for myself a lot lately, I think it's the shift in weather, but I'm going to quit! Sometimes I think about all the people who aren't in my life anymore that I really miss, and it makes me sad. When I have slow weeks at the studio it makes me wonder if I'm doing the right thing, or if I should just go get some cookie cutter job to bring home a paycheck.

Then I have shoots like today, and I know I'm on the right path :)



Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment