Monday, March 12, 2012

Rockabilly Prom at Knucklehead's Saloon, How I got my look!

Hey all,

Me outside of Knuckleheads with our Caddy.
This weekend was such a blast. Friday night my husband and I shopped the clearance at Dillard's and then played pool. Saturday was the most fun I've had in a long time. We started the day off right having breakfast with family, then on to estate sales. Trips to Boomerang and Retro Vixen for outfit support were very fruitful. I was so excited to wear my new outfit, which cost me just under $100.00. Shoes, socks, skirt and a shirt all retro reproduction and brand new for under $100.00 is a great price, let me tell ya!

Me and the hubs.

How I got my look:

Hair:

Earlier that day...

Haha, I accidentally watermarked the photo!



I pin-curled my hair first thing in the morning after showering with it pinned up. To pin curl you need some setting lotion, I use Lottabody which can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply. For those of you who don't know how to pin-curl, I can sum it up. Simply dilute the setting lotion one part solution, two parts water (in a squirt bottle) and spritz inch or two inch wide sections of hair before rolling them into a curl and pinning them. A pin-curl looks a lot like a victory roll, but smaller. I did this to my entire head using bobby pins to fasten instead of  pin-curl clips. I used bobby pins because I was going in public, but I might use them from now on because they didn't pull my hair out as bad as metal clips. I added a yellow bandanna to the look and I was ready to go!

Makeup:

Showcase those bright red lips!

I applied Mary Kay medium coverage foundation in Ivory 1 to my freshly cleansed and moisturized face. I then applied Mary Kay mineral foundation in Ivory 1 to set the liquid. On my upper cheek bones I lightly dusted Mary Kay mineral bronzer in Sandstone (matte). I dusted MAC blush in Pink Swoon to the apples of my cheeks only and blended well. I curled my lashes, and colored in my eye brows with Mary Kay eyebrow pencil in Brunette. Under the brow bone I applied NYX shadow stick in Milk and blended well. I dusted MAC eye shadow in Mylar over the entire eye area, and finished up with a cat eye using Mary Kay liquid liner in Black. I put Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara in Black on my real lashes, and after it dried applied false lashes using lash glue. On my lips I wore Loreal Lipliner in Red, and the newest Mary Kay red lipstick called Really Red. I love it!

Adorable Megan and I at the prom!
Clothes:

Shirt, Skirt, Socks and Shoes all RETRO VIXEN!!! I highly recommend going there, the owner Melissa is such a doll, so sweet and helpful!

Here is the link to her Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Retro-Vixen/121784784516085

Even my purse is from Retro Vixen!

My biker jacket is Lauren Conrad from Kohl's. I got it a few years ago and it is one of my wardrobe staples!

I love wearing these cute lace socks!

Earrings: Betsy Johnson, Necklace, Dillard's



Hair-do:


Later on  I took the pin-curls out, and refashioned some into an half-up victory roll type hairstyle with a few extra pin-curls; the rest of the curls I brushed into soft cascades using a styling brush from Sally's. My hair was a pretty big hit, I got lots of compliments. I did not use a flower because I had so much going on with the outfit and makeup. I didn't want to over-do it.

What a blast!

I have to say this was the most fun I've had in Kansas City in a long time. People who say there is nothing to do in KC can't be more wrong. There is a ton to do, but a lot of it does cost money. Chris and I paid for this event at the door $18.00 a person. It was well worth it, and I could have drank twice that amount of money compensating for being bored out of my mind at any mainstream bar or club in KC. The bands were amazing!!!! So hip. So cool. And what a crowd. Everyone was awesome. No fights, no douche bags. 

I also want to share how cool and down-to-earth Kim Lenz was. I have honestly never seen someone who was a celebrity act like her. She mingled with her fans, took pictures, danced with them. She is such a class act! What a lady! And her band was cool too!

Me and Kim Lenz. Kim freaking Lenz!!!
Knuckleheads is an awesome venue. Please go there at least once and you will see :)

I'm going to end off with some cool pics of the event. Please comment me if you have any questions or comments! Mwah!

Lurlene! 

Daddy-O and Tiff (moi)
Yours truly with Ramon Espinoza!
Chris with Kim and Ramon
Not to be outdone, me with Kim and Ramon!
We stopped by Anthony's for a drink.
Such a cool place, always feels like home!
Chris being too cool for skool as usual!
Daddy-O and his Caddy!
My hair looked so good when I took it down, lol.
Who loves Photoshop Lightroom?
I do!!!
What I would look like with light eyes!!!
xoxo Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment