Thursday, September 29, 2011

New dates for shoots, you don't need to lose weight, there's no such thing as "too old" and getting the Impala

Hi all,

I am so excited to present some news dates that are open and ready to be booked! I will post them at the end of the blog, and also in a note on Facebook. The website is still on hold, ugh, so sorry about that!

Anyways, I really want to address an issue that's been coming up a lot lately. Ladies will want to book shoots, but they feel like they need to "lose weight" first. It really breaks my heart. I know what it's like to feel bigger, I've always been a thicker girl, but we can't let it stop us from living our lives.

Since losing my dad and step-dad, I have a better understanding of how short life is. You never know when it can be taken away. We could all die anytime, with no warning at all! I'm no motivational speaker or writer, but life is short.

Being big can be just as beautiful as being thin. It's all about poses and confidence. Confidence can be faked, trust me. 

With the economy the way it is, and food being so expensive, many of us are stuck eating unhealthy foods. Some people are stuck with jobs that keep them sedentary. Being big is not something to be ashamed of. It just so happens three people I've been close with in my life are very thin. I watched them eat ten times more food than me and never gain weight. When they looked in the mirror, they weren't happy with what they saw. They wanted curves, a gut even. It's natural to want what we can't have.

I was really sick a month or so ago, and I lost six pounds from not being able to eat, or keep anything down. When I weighed myself at first I was excited to see I had lost. But that only lasted a moment, because then I thought about what I went through to get there. I don't want to lose weight that way.

I promised myself that when I got better, I would stop being so hard on my body, and just appreciate it for being healthy and allowing me to live my life. 

I hope that all the bigger girls out there will stop being so hard on themselves, and realize they are just as beautiful as someone who's thin. 

As far as ladies thinking they are too old, well that just breaks my heart too. There is no such thing! I'm almost thirty. Sixty, fifty, I don't care how old you are, you are beautiful! You deserve a photo shoot as much as any twenty year old. If you don't want to be a pinup, maybe the glam shoots are more your style. But don't sell yourself short. We are all going to get older, if we are lucky! 

Moving on...

I'm still in the process of buying the Impala. Chris and I are supposed to pick it up and exchange the moo-lah today. I am so excited! This really is a dream come true. When I think about the Impala, I swear I hear Jiminy Cricket's voice, lol. I wished on a lot of stars to get where I am now :)

Now for the dates and prices,

Glam Shoots
$50
Includes full hair and makeup of your choice (doesn't have to be pinup)
5 edited photos
Your choice of color and black and white edits
These shoots take about 2 hours.
For glam shoots you wear your own clothing. No holds barred. We all have a favorite outfit, this is your chance to really rock it with great hair and makeup! :)

Glam shoots are great for gals getting ready for a night out! For this reason, I like to schedule them on Friday and Saturday nights. What a perfect way to go show off your gorgeous hair and makeup! I am willing to do these as best friend shoots, but three girls is the maximum I can do at one time. 

Dates for glam shoots:

Friday Sept. 30th. Contact me for times. tiffanyaprilmiller@gmail.com. I am available any time after 3 p.m. I can be flexible, since I know Friday is a work day. But I don't want to get started later than 7:30 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7. Anytime after 3 p.m. Contact me for times. tiffanyaprilmiller@gmail.com

Saturday, Oct. 15. Anytime after 6 p.m. Contact me for times. tiffanyaprilmiller@gmail.com

Saturday, Oct. 22. Anytime after 6 p.m.

Halloween shoots (single)
Includes Sugar Skull and Zombie
$100
full hair and makeup
one outfit
8 edited photos

Halloween shoots (group)
includes Sugar Skull and Zombie
$85 per person
up to three people
full hair and makeup
one outfit, some clothing available at the studio, more details on that when you book
5 edited group photos
3 edited individual photos

Pin-up shoots
$150
full hair and makeup, two different looks
three outfits
15 edited photos

Autumn pinup/glam shoots
$100
full hair and makeup
your own clothes
15 edited photos
I love fall, and these shoots will be taken outdoors with all the colors of the leaves. We can take them on the Park University campus, or nature sanctuary, or we can take them at the Briarcliff Nature Trail. These will be beautiful photos you can really cherish for life. I can't wait to take some :)

Dates: These dates are for Halloween, pin-up, or autumn pinup shoots. Just email me to book. tiffanyaprilmiller@gmail.com

Tuesday, Oct. 4 10:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 5 10:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 6 10:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 10 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 11 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 12 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 16, 10:00 a.m.

Mon. Oct. 17-Thurs. Oct. 20 10:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m.
Mon. Oct. 24 10:00 a.m., Wed. Oct. 26 10:00 a.m.
Fri. Oct. 28 10:00 a.m.

If you want a full disc of all the shots from your shoot the cost is $10. Otherwise I will just email you the edited ones :)


FYI: If you want to hire me to do Halloween makeup and hair for a party you're attending, or regular pinup or glam hair and makeup for a night out, just shoot me an email at least a day in advance. tiffanyaprilmiller@gmail.com. Prices will vary, but start at $20 an hour. (A steal, cause I don't take very long).

I love you all, and now hopefully I'm going to get my car! :)

This car makes me act like a nerd!












No comments:

Post a Comment