Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Paying bills, missing the days of pagers (beep beep), editing Greaserama photos and loving family and fall weather

Hi all,

Well, since coming back to reality, I paid our bills, lol. It's funny how easy to put off paying bills is. You never know whether to be depressed your money is gone, or happy you are responsible and will continue to have utilities, insurance, cable, cell phones, etc. It makes me long for the days of pagers and American Cable Vision. Before Time Warner and At&t became the mogul companies there are now. Sometimes I miss being able to go somewhere without a cell phone. It's like you can be tracked every second of the day. I can't decide if I like it or not, lol.

I had a great shoot today, and I'm excited to share the photos when they are done in a fews weeks.

I edited some photos for Jennifer, one of the pin-ups I met at Greaserama. She was so sweet. I did one color, and one black and white. I'm in love with the black and white one. I'm such a sucker for black and white, lol

I love the pretty colors.


The black and white one knocks my socks off. Especially with all the shadows...the dress is billowing nicely. The only thing I would change is people in the background, but it was a car show after all, hehe!




I would have rather taken the photo with film and developed the film and prints myself. You'd be surprised how much control over photos you have in the darkroom. And the prints always have such rich tones. Sigh. I miss having access to the darkroom at Park University. But I'm happy to say I'm over my brief sadness at not going to school anymore. When I got to spend Monday fishing with my family and relaxing, instead of slaving over homework, I knew I'd made the right choice not to go to grad school.

I really love what I'm doing, and as long as things keep going as well as they are (fingers crossed) I should be able to live decently. That's all I ask for. I don't care about being rich. I'm so happy right now. I'm just doing what I love. And I'm spending time with the people I love. No thank you, I don't want some demanding ass career I have to put over my family every day. I've had those jobs. No freaking way! I'm tutoring at the community college again, in addition to my photo business, and I love it. It's nice to be able to help people grow as students. Whether they are 18 or 45, I don't care. I just like helping them. Of course, I only do it one day a week, haha, so I am pretty refreshed when I go in, and still have energy when I leave. And I love my co-workers. I think people can do just about any job there is, if they like their co-workers.

It's so hard to find out what you want to do with your life, lol. It only took me 29 years, haha.

Moving on...

Fall slapped us dead in the face here in KCMO. I can't believe how cool the temperature has been. I've actually been cold a few times!

I'm happy to say I'm prepared for Halloween this year. I've got a sexy witch costume. I'm so excited, I've never been a sexy witch before. It doesn't take much to make me happy when it comes to Halloween. I love it so much.

Which reminds me I need to set firm dates for Zombie Pin-Up. I'm thinking three girls, four at most...It's going to be so fun, not all yucky. They are going to be cute zombies. I don't want to give it away. I deliberately  haven't looked at any other photographer's work, because I want my shoot to be totally my own vision :) But here's a hint, think Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas. She was so pretty, but still creepy with all those stitches. And of course there will be a cemetery involved.

That's all for now, love you all! Enjoy the fall :)

Whatever you do, don't think about this! WINTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment